Hi Chuck,

A quick glance at the Fedora Packaging Guidelines ( I believe that is
the system your using, if not, this is mute) may shed some light on your
anomalies:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

In particular, section 1.10.6:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Effect_of_the_UsrMove_Fedora_Feature

Also, you mant want to have a look at ldconfig, /etc/ld.so.conf,
/etc/ld.so.cache or check /etc/ld.so.conf.d and see where where the
system thinks things are, then bounce that off actual.

73's
Greg, KI7MT