Hi Chuck,

Here's what my systems comes back with (Ubuntu 64-bit Native Install),
objdump -Dlsx, ./file and readelf -e are all showing x86_64.

FFTW
file ./libfftw3.so.3.3.2: ELF 64-bit LSB  shared object, x86-64, version
1 (SYSV)

Samplerate:
file ./libsamplerate.so.0.1.8: ELF 64-bit LSB  shared object, x86-64,
version 1 (SYSV)

Portaudio:
file ./libportaudio.so.2.0.0: ELF 64-bit LSB  shared object, x86-64,
version 1 (SYSV)

Another test:

ar x ./libportaudio.a

then

file ./pa_jack.o: ELF 64-bit LSB  relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
not stripped
file ./pa_front.o: ELF 64-bit LSB  relocatable, x86-64, version 1
(SYSV), not stripped

and so on.

readelf -e shows the same things. So I'm at a loss as to why Fedora's is
requiring the additional packages and / or the linker is behaving the
way it is. How to get around this with configure / make is also a big
mystery. If you know hwo to accomplish this on your configuration, lets
us know.

73's
Greg, KI7MT