On 30/09/2014 23:21, KI7MT wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> On 9/30/2014 21:54, Bill Somerville wrote:
>> On 30/09/2014 22:49, KI7MT wrote:
>>> Hi Bill,
>> Hi Greg,
>> <snip>
>>> Agreed, I'll have to clone a clean 64-Bit VM and test this out, as I
>>> have so many dev packages installed on my main Linux box it's
>>> ridiculous. There is no way I could list what's needed on a clean system
>>> at the moment.
>>>
>>> libgfortran:i386 sorts out most of the multi-lib stuff, it's the QT
>>> packages I'd need to look at. FFTW is straight forward, as Joe stated,
>>> just need single3.
>> fftw-single3 and the qt5 multimedia runtime library will pull in exactly
>> everything we need apart from the 32-bit compatability stuff on  64-bit
>> systems.
> Ok, that's QT sorted then, what about portaudio, samplerate, libusb, and
> do we need any of the base hamlib packages like libhamlib-utils? I
> realize the staic libhamlib.a is already built in and your providing the
> rigctld-wsjtx binary. I think WSJT-X uses pulseaudio yes? I think
> pulse/alsa is a default install though, so probably not a concern there.
I think that are there already, at least in Desktop systems. Either way
the Qt5 multimedia package will drag everything in on the audio side,
which is pulseaudio. The hamlib stuff is all self contained in the wsjtx
package. The libusb dependency might be an issue with the Debian package
(the RPM doesn't reference it because the build is broken on Fedora if I
enable it). I will add libusb to the "Requires" on the Debian package
for the next RC.