On 30/09/2014 22:42, Richard Shaw wrote:

Hi Richard,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com <mailto:g4...@classdesign.com>> wrote:

    I think 'rpm' should install dependent packages but it didn't work for
    me on Fedora 20 so it is still on my list to investigate further.

What dependency are you missing? When I check I get the following from my RPM:
OK, I am beginning to understand RPM packaging a bit better.

It looks like the following one-liner will do our install from a bare RPM that is not in any repository including all the required dependencies:

sudo yum --nogpgcheck localinstall wsjtx-1.4.0-rc2.x86_64.rpm

I do notice that there doesn't seem to be a one-liner reverse process un-install to back all the dependants that aren't used by anything else. That might just be my lack of RPM/yuu-Fu.

Any comments on that Richard?

<snip>

Looks like both libgfortran, libm and libgcc both 32 & 64 bit are being pulled in. A 64-bit version of kvasd would be nice :)
That is only answerable by Joe but I could open SSH on one of my 64-bit Linux VMs so he could use it for a 64-bit build. That does assume the code is portable to 64-bit of course.

Thanks,
Richard