Hi All,

I understand what happen on my Core i5-2430M

see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i5_microprocessors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Turbo_Boost outdated but still valid

The solution is very simple, do not try any benchmark.
Do not try any repetitive benchmark that head up the CPU
I found a program that show some hidden parameters, as power, clock and
temperature.

The frequency of processor is from 600 Mhz (idle) to 2.4GHz (max) up to
near 3GHz ( turbo boost enable) but depend on external parameters.
If the temperature go high or the power absorption go over some limits
the clock go down.

Seem that some instruction need less power, so the strange results.

As written few day ago on desktop computers and processors the
difference is low as in tables mailed by Joe.

Also GPU do some energy saving (battery operation) to maintain the PC
temperature low or in some parameters (infamous maximum junction
temperatureas for CPU).

Pressurizing the bottom of the PC as a tube with a very powerful fan
(power absorption double of PC and noise as a Jet) minimize problem.

I apologize for the message

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

73
Sandro
IW3RAB