Hi Bill,

Not sure what the issue is here. I tried your fonts.conf, after a
reboot, no change.

Also manually set Courier 10 and Ubuntu 11, same results.

My screen res is 1280x1024 max. I'll look at this on my laptop and see
if the results are similar.

I think I have a new Ubuntu 14.04 install partition I can try also, if
not I can always nuke a partition Im not using an run things from a
clean install and see what's happening, if anything.

73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 02/16/2015 05:13 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 16/02/2015 23:42, ki7mt wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
> Hi Greg,
>>
>> I've tried (9, 10, 11 & 12 ):
>>
>> -Courier
>> -Courier New
>> -DejaVu Sans
>> -DejaVu Sans Mono
>> -DejaVu Sarif
>>
>> I also deleted the WSJTX.ini file and reconfigured everything.
>>
>> Current setting, both are set to Courier 11, which is the default after
>> deleting the WSJTX.ini file.
> OK, this is interesting. If I remove the fonts from the .INI file I get
> "Courier 10" as the decoded text and "Ubuntu 11" as the application
> font. This must be a clue as to what is going on.
>
> I'm not sure where to look next. My display is slightly unusual as I am
> running a VM under VirtualBox so that is using the vbox virtual display
> driver which maps my 1920 x 1080 screen to a virtual display of that
> size. I have display font scaling set to 1.0 which is the default.
>>
>> 73's
>> Greg, KI7MT
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

>>> Hi Greg,

>>> I am not able to reproduce these issues on my Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
>>> system. Which fonts do you have set for the application and for the
>>> decoded text?
>>> 73
>>> Bill
>>> G4WJS.

The worth of man is reveled in his attitude to ordinary things
when he is not before the footlights. (cf John 1:36)
                                               Oswald Chambers