      From: "Laurie, VK3AMA" <vk3ama.ham.a...@gmail.com>
 To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 4:59 PM
 Subject: [wsjt-devel] Request: Expose WSJT-X version & build numbers in UDP
Status message

  Please consider adding the WSJT-X version and build numbers to the UDP Status
message.

 There have been times where I have needed to know these values to permit
programmatically altering JTAlert behaviour based on the WSJT-X version/build
numbers. I can get the version number by scraping the value from the Gui title,
but that is not ideal. There have been times, especially with so many users now
running pre-release version of WSJT-X that I have needed to know the build
number to alter JTAlert behaviour.

 Thanks
 de Laurie VK3AMA