On 3/12/2016 4:17 PM, Black Michael wrote:
Actually I think we need a separate version # in the UDP status message.
If we ever change CM methods the rev# is likely to change in a non-logical manner (like changing over to git). I think a manually changed# in the UDP protocol would seem more appropriate. So any change in behavior that would affect external apps or changes to the protocol like adding fields would simply bump up the #
A 32-bit int should cover us for quite a while.

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

I can't see how that will help identify the WSJT-X build. A WSJT-X build can introduce functionality that I may want to utilise programmatically, yet that functionality may not involve any UDP changes and subsequently the UDP #, you propose, will not alter and I am still where I am today, unable to identify the build.

de Laurie VK3AMA