Hi, Tim - it prevents endless sending of "73" - someone could inadvertently
forget to disable their TX and get up to get a cup of coffee (or, uh, get rid
of said coffee), pet the cat, feed the kids, etc and keep sending 73 over and
over. I disable Auto after my report goes out and switch to manual to prevent
the situation you describe :)

73!
Jim S.
N2ADV