In the same vein, the Tx and Rx frequency setting boxes contain
boilerplate/static text "Tx" or "Rx" and "Hz".  If the static text was moved
outside the data-entry box, we could click anywhere in the box and start
typing a new value (e.g. on the numeric keypad), rather than having to
double-click specifically on the value part.  It's a small point, but it
will help make it just a bit easier when we're in a hurry to catch the DX on
FT8!

Same deal with the report box: "Report" should be outside the data-entry
box, I think.

I'm suggesting a change from this (in v1.9.0 RC2):

to something more like this:

I've suggested added a little color cue to the frequencies, and changing the
tiny backward-facing arrows to bold forward-facing arrowheads, something I
suggested before to reflect the idea of 'Move the Tx channel marker to the
Rx channel' for the top one.  It seems more intuitive to me.  I wonder what
others think?

"Freq" in "Hold Tx Freq"is superfluous, so we can save a little screen
real-estate by omitting the text and re-aligning things.

Reducing the vertical height of the controls area on the main screen still
further (without things getting too cramped) would leave more space for
decodes.   In fact, I wonder if it would be feasible to move all the
controls to the left or right of the existing Band Activity and Rx Frequency
panes, making the window letterbox shaped rather than square?  I guess that
may not work for users with narrow screens, though, so a user option would
be nice.

These are just my suggestions, based on heavy use for HF FT8 on a Windows
system (4,000 QSOs and counting!).

73

Gary  ZL2iFB