On 26/02/2018 20:22, g...@isect.com wrote:

This is what happens when I double-click the “Tx” area …

If I then start typing a number, the blue selection is cleared and my numbers are ignored.  [On my system anyway.]

Hi Gary,

what you describe is not quite the full story. If you click anywhere to the left of the numeric field, which includes double-clicking the leading non-numeric prefix text then digits you type will be prepended to the existing numeric field -- assuming the result is valid. The same applies to any position to the right of the numeric field except that new digits are appended to the numeric field -- assuming the result is valid.

If you want to replace the value then it must be selected first, you can do that quickly and easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the spin box or double-clicking the numeric part of the field; then type in a new value. BTW this is not our design but standard Qt widget behaviour, which is consistent with recognized "standard" GUI design principles.