Andras,

Yes my family is from Hungary. I clearly remember my grandfather’s strong
accent, expressions, and cooking! We have been in America only since WW1, and
am sure there are many relatives in Europe. I understand your concern
completely. Not sure there is much we can do about some operators who do not
operate as good citizens.

Rather than this group get embroiled in debates over what constitutes a worthy
use of Fox/Hound mode, or what frequencies should or should not be used, let’s
see what we can do to help the dev team with constructive ideas for appropriate
use of Fox/Hound. It may well turn out that we all have to change our ways.

Should we split our FT-8 operations into two sub-bands, with one being
self-designated “foxes” and the other “hounds”? While we’d still want major
pileups removed from the customary working frequencies, perhaps this will
alleviate congestion and allow operators to become accustomed to this
particular brand of split operating. That way, the confusion will be reduced
(of course never eliminated) when the rare ones fire up. Train the way you
fight, right?

Just an idea. Who has others?

George J Molnar
Washington, DC, USA