George,
I sometimes used macros like XX0YY PSE QSY and the like just for fast
firefighting..
That is not enough to solve the IARU Bandplan problem.
Our representatives at all the three IARU Regions meet regularly and above
all they communicate on their channels.
These communications are much better as it has been during the eighties and
the nineties when we get correspondeence
in envelopes handled by snail mail.
Now there are IARU websites and forums for the representatives of our
countries.
They collect recommendations for all fields of amateur radio into handbooks.
Just an example is the VHF Managers' Handbook which has just been rewritten
after the Landshut Conference.
There still must exist a an IARU HQ in the USA and above all the IARU
Adminstrative Council.
http://www.iaru.org/administrative-council-meetings.html
They are to take steps when urgent problems arise.
When one checks qrz.com pages of many fellow amateurs you can see large
pictures on the wall at ham shacks which shows bandplans.
So, it is time to print new ones and to put them on the walls!
We must create new traditions NOW.
GL de HA6NN
Andras