Thanks Bill... but the point is people are NOT being respectful of others. And for the record, I never claimed that anyone 'owned' any give frequency, but we have lived by a gentleman's agreement for all of the 43 years I have been a ham - and people mostly respected that agreement. That's all we ask.

As for national organizations, the ARRL has sold out on us and are totally worthless. And even if they weren't, what power do they have to fix it?

The point is not to complain, but to try to draw attention to the fact that there is a problem. If it's not brought to the attention of the people who use the mode (and develop the software), how will it every get fixed. This all started when the 17 meter PSK frequency was claimed as the FT8 anchor frequency and it's been going down hill ever since.

Face facts, the FT8 users would be equally upset if someone moved into their segment and started operating RTTY or some other digital mode. PSK uses a total of about 2 KHz per band; how about a little respect for that tiny wedge.

Mike
WM4B