Hi there

I found the use of the "Ping Jockey Relief" chat page was a very good idea, and useful and working well!

I was able to hear steadily the first fox W1/KH7Z. Gave him a series of call from 1402 Z (since the fox was late... never saw this case in real life - I share my sofa with 2 Spanish greyhounds - galgos - and the rabbits always hope the hounds will be late) till 1410 Z to no avail. I had put my TX above 3500Hz; nobody was TXing up there.

Then from 1410 till 1430 I tries to move my freq between 2500Hz and 4000Hz. That led me to nowhere.

Then the bugs hit the fox and he gave up. Too bad, for I never heard his Stand-in partner.

As for the W7/KH7Z fox, I never ever heard him calling. I guess the propag was not top level and my low range station (Flex 5000A running abt 90W max into a vertical R7) was not efficient enough to get my signal cross half our world.

But I stayed listening.

I find that I heard a lot of people calling and sending reports, however I find that the number of RR73 were not as numerous as they should have been.

I was surprised to "see" in the waterfall the fox's sigs (up to 'yellowish' dots) whilst there were no decode at all.

All in all a very frustrating experience, I hope it'll be for the good!

Cheers
Serge

--

73, de Serge