Hi Take,

Thanks again for sharing your opinions. Perhaps your ideas for a single-carrier OFDM mode for high capacity (more than 10x) FOX station (and a congestion control mechanism applicable for emergency and disaster communication) will become part of some program in the future.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

On 5/15/2018 2:09 AM, Tsutsumi Takehiko wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thank you for providing your comments.

My “development schedule is controlled by DXCC marketers” comes from Bill’s (I am sorry not to mention as Bill in my previous memo. It is my typo.) comment, i.e. “but overall under time pressure to get the modeworking” and your February 02 First DxPedition Mode announcement saying “We have been working together with members of the Baker Island (KH1/KH7Z) group.  Their planned expedition will take place in June-July 2018.” I also have not realized such kind of liaison arrangement between weak signal favorites and conventional DX pedition society.

If we can maintain development schedule for ourselves, I strongly suggest you will pause the project now and announce “Call for Proposal” to the floor.  Proposals stated by me and Bill  in this thread is all coded in the past WSJT programs, such as JT65, WSPR in the past. Thus, they are proven technology for us.

Yes, it will be great to widen the door to participate the development activity from the core development team to WSJT-X mailing list participants. Then, I will propose charming “single-carrier OFDM to realize high capacity (more than 10x) FOX station and congestion control mechanism which is applicable  for the emergency and disaster system such as earthquake, Tsunami, wildfire, flood as well as Dxpedition.

I hope you will make your action now.

Regards,

take

de JA5AEA

*From: *Joe Taylor <mailto:j...@princeton.edu>
*Sent: *Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:07 AM
*To: *WSJT software development <mailto:wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
*Subject: *Re: [wsjt-devel] DxPediton Mode Development utilizing Weak signal favorites Resource

Hello Take,

On 5/14/2018 7:14 PM, Tsutsumi Takehiko wrote:
 > Hi David,
 >
 > Thank you for disclosing and sharing the motivation of the current FDM
 > frame architecture of Dxpedition mode.

I believe you are responding to comments made by Bill (G4WJS), not by
David (K2LYV).  Bill's comments were made in the spirit of sharing
information, since you had expressed some interest.

 > Then, the following is my words to the person behind you, not you.
 >
 > It is obvious that DxPedition mode specification is written for high
 > power conventional DX  peditionists and development schedule is
 > controlled by DXCC marketers.

There is no truth to your speculation that our "development schedule is
controlled by DXCC marketers".  Whatever schedules we maintain are
determined wholly by our own interests and our available time for
playing at Amateur Radio.

We are perfectly aware that the current FT8 DXpedition Mode is not
necessarily the best long-term solution to all tasks it addresses.  It
is a good solution, however.  Development and testing could be completed
in reasonable time, with resources at hand; and with the exception of
one new message type the mode is backward compatible with normal FT8.
This guarantees that a knowledgeable base of potential users is
available and ready to use it.

 > Therefore, it does not make sense to use
 > the resource of weak-signal favorites for system design, code
 > development, operation frequency allocation and field tests.
 > > Regards,
 >
 > take
 >
 > de JA5AEA

Thanks for sharing your opinions. We are always happy to receive
comments and advice from other radio amateurs.  Perhaps you will be the
one to design and develop an even better solution!

         -- 73, Joe, K1JT