Steve,

Thank you for your comments.

Ok, I understand what is the disagreement between us.

First, I do not fully understand the point why you object my +4dB gain but I
need to find modulation theory book in my book sheves (never opened for more
than 20 years) and check about “ *bit* SNR, Eb/N0” related area before my final
response. If I can not solve for myself, I can call my local experts without
bothering you anymore.  But, I am thinking the longer symbol proposal does not
heart any RF performance including the delay spread, fading performance,
interference performance and a fraction of a dB gain with non-coherent
detection given from you is another goody.

Concerning the “second +4dB term”, I remember Bill’s suggestion included
hashing of callsign (I used the number of (28-15) x 5 = 65 bit reduction). I
also reduced five 7x7 synch to one 7x7 synch, which I am not sure whether Bill
included. I will not further describe the details to defend my ballpark number
but I can say I disagree with your 0.6dB gain calculation, here.

Thank you very much spending your precious time to comment on my +8dB challenge.

Joe,

As I write to Steve, I do not have any intention to sell or stick to my +8dB
number. If you feel uncomfortable, please deal it to + (1~8)dB  additional gain
proposal .

take

de JA5AEA