Grant,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 6:40 PM Grant VK5GR <vk5gr.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank,
>

> Fox and Hound was never in the main FT8 channels – indeed I believe Bill,
> Frank Joe and the team coded the system to not let you run F/H mode on the
> main FT8 channels.

Interesting. If that's the case, that function isn't working:

[image: image.png]

I have responded to stations in F/H mode in the regular band segment on
numerous occasions with no interference from the software. This screen-grab
shows Hound mode in the regular band segment.

> There have been non WSJT based “derivatives” that unfortunately did not
> give due consideration to the problems of mixing F/H mode with standard FT8
> traffic.

OK. How do I tell whether it's a F/H mode station or a "derivative"
program? Most of the time, when I switch to F/H mode to work DX, I am able
to work them. Does that indicate the DX station is, indeed, running F/H?

Thanks.

73,
Frank
KF6E