Bill:
You seem to be under the impression that I run these programs
simultaneously. Let me clear this up...
I do not.
I quit SKCCLogger when working in WSJT-X. I quit WSJT-X when working CW
(and using SKCCLogger to log my contacts). FLDIGI only has its HAMlib rig
control activated when I'm working PSK or RTTY, and I usually close
SKCCLogger when I'm doing that, because I log THOSE contacts in FLDIGI.
Both SKCCLogger and FLDIGI had issues reading and writing to the rig while
WSJT-X 2.1.x was installed, EVEN THOUGH WSJT-X WAS NOT RUNNING AT THE TIME.
Simply having WSJT-X 2.1.x installed meant that I had to play the "unplug
the cable, plug it back in, start up FLRig, start [SKCCLogger|FLDIGI] close
FLRig, cross fingers" game every time I wanted to utilize either of those
programs.
This is why I asked for a version that isn't statically linked.
Again, I'm done, here. You're smarter than everyone in the room. Everything
I assert is rubbish. You can figure it out, or not, at your convenience. I
lost all desire to work with you when the insults started to fly. If I feel
the desire to work FT8, I'll just put up with whatever odd symptoms exist,
and restart udev/play the cable game every time I feel like switching to
another mode, or logging a CW contact.

de AI8W, Chris