Hi Saku,

that's no problem, use message_aggregator in the WSJT-X distribution. There is also a small command line utility udp_daemon. Neither do anything in particular as they are to demonstrate WSJT-X UDP Message Protocol facilities. Both support multicast group addressing.

There are only a couple of minor gotchas with multicast. If you wish to run multiple servers on the same network interface you must set the SO_REUSEADDR socket option, and if you try and join an IPv4 multicast group you must bind to your listening socket for IPv4 only, i.e. you can't bind to the dual-stack ANY address, so usually you bind to "0.0.0.0" in that case. To join an IPv6 multicast group there is no such restriction and there you would normally either bind to the dual-stack ANY address, or for IPv6 only use the IPv6 ANY address "::"