Hi Saku,

I will try and help with terminology.

The most usual client/server topology is one server that serves many clients. For example a web server serves http(s) page requests to many clients. The client sends the query to a well-known server address and service port, the server replies to each client on the client's IP address ephemeral port number that were extracted from the request sender address and port fields. The WSJT-X UDP Message protocol is no different, except that the underlying transport is UDP rather than TCP/IP. Perhaps your confusion comes from you having not bothered to support multiple clients, that seems a strange decision to me, a server that only supports a single client is a very limited service!

With `git checkout`, perhaps you are thinking check-out like from a hotel. It is more like check-out a book from a library. You are borrowing a version of your source code from the index (the local repository) to work on it, you will return it later. A different meaning for check-out.