> On Mar 5, 2022, at 21:19, Gavin ZL3GAV via wsjt-devel
> <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> With the TUNE button, can this be limited to timeout at 10 seconds maximum
> please?
>
> From experience, we all make silly mistakes, whilst tuning my FT-991A I got
> distracted, with the result, I nuked the radio (since fixed)running on full
> power on TUNE. It is not a pleasant experience the acrid smell of burning
> electronic components!

A much simpler way to get around it is to be sure you always have MONITOR
turned on.  You should be monitoring your output audio quality anyway.  It will
give you immediate notification when it is either locked on or forgotten.  It
doesn’t need to be loud, but if you can hear it, it will let you know it is
still on.  Also, most radios these days have a timeout timer that you can set
for maximum transmit time.  Set that to save the transmitter from destroying
itself, or QRMing the rest of the people on the band.

Gary - AG0N