What you're calling "Software AHS" is not just for harmonic suppression.  It
also allows you to transmit outside your bandpass (virtually).  So even though
your rig may only have 2400Hz of width you can still transmit at 2900Hz -- you
just can't receive there.  It also helps avoid signal loss at the low end of
the bandpass so you can transmit at 200Hz even though your bandpass may roll
off higher.
Mike W9MDB

    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 02:30:10 AM CDT, Alan via wsjt-devel