Jim, Yes the whole point of the RF frequency changing is forcing the audio frequency to respond to keep it in the passband best window.

My Sub vfo goes down/up in 500 Hz steps as I alter my TX marker. (TX hold option always), throughout the pan 3000JHz range.

I don't accept my radio is not changing RF frequency when I see it changing RF frequency.  That RF frequency being the vfo offset adjusted display CP.

I know that the audio frequency is set in association to keep my TX marker constant with optimum audio frequency.

If you don't alter the RF frequency then you cannot control the audio frequency for best performance at TX position selected.

73

vk4tux