On 4/30/2023 4:30 PM, Adrian via wsjt-devel wrote:
Reino, this is where we disagree, as my point is if the vfo frequency changes, then the 'radio frequency' which I consider the same also changes.

Adrian,

Reino is right, and you are wrong. Nothing personal, just scientific fact. The frequency readout of virtually all modern transceivers set to receive CW is radio frequency corresponding to the center of the receive bandwidth. When a second RX set to receive CW is tuned to peak your FT8 signal, that readout IS the center of the 50 Hz signal you are transmitting. If your USB dial frequency is 21.074 MHz (21,074 kHz) and your offset is 1.5 kHz, the center of your signal is 25 Hz above 21.0755 MHz (21,075.5 kHz) (25 Hz because WSJT-X defines TX frequency as the frequency of the lowest tone).

73, Jim K9YC