eisdrache wrote:
> I actually thought about the gserver route, but now that you mention the idea
> of using rails my attention has been perked. I have done a tiny bit of work
> with rails, but my overall knowledge of the framework is limited. I am highly
> interested in learning and am actually in the process of doing so.

I ran into the same problem when trying to run watir scripts under
cruisecontrol.net. There is a much simpler solution than has been suggested.

Instead of running the server process as a service, run it as a user
program.

That's it. That means that you will have to log in as a user (probably
admin) and then have the server run as a startup program (instead of a
service). And you'll have to stay logged in, so you will need a
dedicated head (monitor), but you can lock it, if you have security
concerns.

Bret