Stephen Peters wrote:
Tate,

I just double-checked the ld.so.conf and re-ran ldconfig. Neither seems to change the error message. One interesting thing, is that I don't have a /usr/X11R6/lib directory. I do have a /usr/lib/X11 directory, but it's empty. Thank you for the suggestion!

It is also very good to know you've got it running on F7.

When I compile without rtree, it does work fine. I must have something weird going on here with that package.

-Steve

Mmmm, strange, yet odd...

Do you have the X11-devel packages installed?
Do you have the rtree-devel package installed?

Kinda shooting in the dark here, but there's implications of either.

Good luck!