On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 02:25:05PM +1000, Luke O'Donnell wrote:
> I'd like to get one with:
> > Audio
> > Digital Averager
> > Data output for XCSoar

I'd also recommend the V7. XCSoar has really good support for it. 2-Way
communication, (QNH,BAL,BUGS,MC), and read support for

* air-data(speed,pressure,alt,temp)
* g-force

The v7 is also really easy to hook up to a flarm. You can power it even
from the gps port. It will then also supply you with flarm-data. It can
power a pda with 5V. Alas it wasn't enough to power my android device from
it aswell, i had to hook up the ioio to the 12V power supply from the
battery.

What currently doesn't work with the LX driver, is talking directly to
the FLARM behind the V7 in order to download flights. For that you have
to currently switch the V7 into passthrough mode, and change the
configuration in xcsoar to the flarm driver. (I'm working on this, but
my C++ skills are not very good, so expect it to take a while.)

 - Folken