James Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm happy to help set a blackout date, but I think we need to get
> the migration spec together first, and get basic agreement on that,
> before setting such a date.

Hey James,

Sorry - I was getting ahead of myself.

I finally took the time to do the reading I needed.

Here's the details:
1) the infrastructure team will do all the conversion for us once we
   give them the details we need - they are just looking for a set of
   instructions from us. I mistakenly thought I would be making the
   CVS dump and inserting it into the ASF tree. Luckily for all of us,
   someone(s) from the infrastructure group will do it for us.

2) We need to indicate an export plan. That plan indicates what should
   be exported from CVS - we must decide if we export every last tag
   and branch in CVS, or just the things currently being used and
   leave the old ones in CVS for archival purposes.

3) We need a new repository layout - this should be pretty simple, the
   ASF has chosen one type of layout, and it seems good, so that's
   what I would recommend.

4) Then the infrastructure team will schedule a time for the
   conversion - they lock CVS to read-only and dump the pieces we
   need. Then they add it to the test SVN repository. We then test the
   repository, and if it's ok infrastructure moves it to the public
   SVN repository.

I'll send another email giving the pieces.

Cheers,
jas.