On 05/24/2010 06:06 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Mon, 24 May 2010 16:49:15 +0200 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:
[...]

Ah. Bingo. soul.sty defines the fix font \s...@tt
(\font\s...@tt=ectt1000) and use it in various places when analyzing
the input. And obviously one gets problems as soon as words ends
with glyphs not existing in the font as this leads to boxes of width
0 and so soul thinks that there is no longer something to process.

I can solve the problem with the euro sign by resetting the font to
latin modern typewriter with
\makeatletter \font\s...@tt="LMMono10-Regular"\makeatletter

With your greek characters you probably will need a greek fixed
width font.

Many thanks for your help, Ulrike.

FreeMono-Regular seems to do the job.

But I get error messages from soul (Reconstruction failed) when there are blank spaces.

\documentclass[10pt]{book}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Theano Didot}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{greek}
\usepackage{soul}
\makeatletter\font\s...@tt="FreeMono-Normal"\makeatletter
\begin{document}
\so{ἐπεστείλατέ μοι νομίζειν δεῖν τὴν διάνοιαν ὑμῶν εἶναι τὴν αὐτὴν ἣν εἶχεν καὶ Δίων, καὶ δὴ καὶ κοινωνεῖν διεκελεύεσθέ μοι, καθ᾽ ὅσον οἷός τέ εἰμι ἔργῳ καὶ λόγῳ. ἐγὼ δέ, εἰ μὲν δόξαν καὶ ἐπιθυμίαν τὴν αὐτὴν ἔχετε ἐκείνῳ, σύμφημι κοινωνήσειν, εἰ δὲ μή, βουλεύσεσθαι πολλάκις. τίς δ᾽ ἦν ἡ ἐκείνου διάνοια καὶ ἐπιθυμία, σχεδὸν οὐκ εἰκάζων ἀλλ᾽ ὡς εἰδὼς σαφῶς εἴποιμ᾽ ἄν.}
\end{document}

Is there any way to solve it?

Thanks for your help again,

Pablo