From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Jesse Hutton
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [XFree86] XFConfig requirements for kbd and mouse

pointer section:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

You have to make sure that the right modules are loaded in the kernel in
order to use usb devices.  So, if you boot with the PS/2 mouse, you
might
have to load the modules by hand in order for it to work, otherwise they
should load automatically (I'm assuming you're running the stock
kernel).

Jesse