Mindaugas:

I'm not sure why you're making the suggestion.
Right now, the original "ADS" is an all-inclusive rdd that lets
you switch the file type to cdx, ntx, etc. in different workareas.

The addition of specific "sub-rdds" of ADSCDX etc. came years later.

I, and I imagine a lot of other people who started using rddads
early on, never had a need to explicitly use those other rdds by name.

Are you suggesting that we should now have to re-write our apps by
converting ADS to ADSADT?  But wait: IIRC (I'm not sure),
ADSCDX is the DEFAULT for ADS, so converting it to ADT doesn't
really make sense, does it?

If you're suggesting a change that would require people to change
code that's been growing for 9 years, there needs to be a stronger
reason to force the change than just compatibility with other rdds,
IMHO.

Or am I missing something?

--
Brian Hays