Hi,

bhays wrote:
> I'm not sure why you're making the suggestion.
> Right now, the original "ADS" is an all-inclusive rdd that lets
> you switch the file type to cdx, ntx, etc. in different workareas.
>
> The addition of specific "sub-rdds" of ADSCDX etc. came years later.
>
> I, and I imagine a lot of other people who started using rddads
> early on, never had a need to explicitly use those other rdds by name.
>
> Are you suggesting that we should now have to re-write our apps by
> converting ADS to ADSADT?

No, I want to make you convert from:
   RDDSETDEFAULT("ADT")
   RDDSETDEFAULT("ADSADT")

I'm also talking about Harbour code, not sure that names has xHarbour's
ADS RDD. But, it is not nice to have:
   DBUSEAREA(.T., "ADT", ...)
   ? RDDNAME() // prints ADSADT, not ADT!

So, my suggestion is to convert ADT to ADSADT.

"ADS" RDD remains unchanged.

Regards,
Mindaugas