It seems I badly described the situation (and my english is not perfect).
Please see inline.

> > I think (and I proved) that filters are ideal solution for my needs.
> > But I have some small note/question. I discovered following behaviour:
> > - suppose there is a my.domain handled by xmail (defined in domains.tab)
> > - suppose there is a regular account [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > - suppose there is a mailproc.tab file defined for [EMAIL PROTECTED] (it
> > contains mailbox command, but I'm not sure if this is important)
>
> a mailproc.tab with only mailbox line in it is useless, because it's the
> default behaviour.

I know that mailproc.tab with mailbox command only is useless. My
mailproc.tab  has additional comands, but not any kind of redirection. (In
fact during my tests it runs notepad for arrived message and then mailbox
command follows) Important thing was the presence of mailproc.tab file.

> > - suppose there is a line
> > "*" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" "0.0.0.0/0" "0.0.0.0/0" "my.domain.tab"
> > in filters.in.tab file, my.domain.tab file exists in filters
> > subdirectory
> > and it contains only one command. This command only performs something
> > like logging and always return 0 as return code (but this is not
important).

> > Now if email arrives for [EMAIL PROTECTED], the command is "fired"
> > twice. If mailproc.tab file is removed for that user, command is fired
> > only once. Is this correct? I mean: is it required to fire the command
> > twice?
> > Just for your consideration, I'm able to handle this behaviour
> > in my case.
>
> the command is only fired once in the [EMAIL PROTECTED] case. in
> other cases it is not fired, because xmail stops processing
> the message before it arrives the filters. the reasen is that
> xmail does not find a valid account for the email adress and
> return "Mailbox unavailible".

I understand that filter is not processed if specified user does not exists.
But I  noticed another behaviour in case of existing account. As I wrote if
mailproc.tab file did not exist, the filter command was fired only once. But
if it did exist then the command was fired twice. I'll try to make closer
tests to detect which command set in mailproc.tab leads to second filter
run. So don't waste your time, I'll be back later.

> You have to add a new account in the domain, call it '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> and add a * alias for it:
>
> aliasadd my.domain * log
>
> the log account gets an empty mailproc.tab so that messages that go to it
> (in that case all messages to my.domain except [EMAIL PROTECTED])
> are deleted.
> now you define the filter on [EMAIL PROTECTED] - that should do the job.

I don't think this will do my job. I need to "notify" some software module
(it is not important how the notification is implemented) about arrival of
each email for each user of specified domain. RCPT and RRCPT should be part
of this notification (to allow the software module to go directly to the
recipients mailbox directory and access the message file through file
system, not POP3). Email should be delivered to recipient's mailbox. This
can be done through the mailproc.tab file for each user but I want to be
able to handle this globaly for each selected domain without using
mailproc.tab file.
I hope this explains my needs clearly.

Radek

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.501 / Virová báze: 299 - datum vydání: 14.7. 2003