I use "smtprelay" in my secondary configs.

-Don

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jeffrey Laramie
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: XMail as a Second MX

Vitor Renato Alves de Brito wrote:

>Hi Jeffrey,
>
>I could see on the list archive (thanks to the address) that I need to
>setup a custom domain on the secondary server and put a line in the
>custom domain tab:
>
>"smtprelay"[TAB]"primary_server_ip"
>
>Now I am testing that option and the results is good but what about the
>"smtp" option?
>
>I found on Readme.txt the explanation about it and also found a
>explanation about "smtp" directive but the explanation is:
>"Do SMTP delivery."
>
>I think "smtp" is the correct option, is not?

This comes up often and I think I need to add this topic to my guide. I
use "smtprelay" and it seems to work correctly. I recall there was some
discussion on the list about this months ago and Davide stated that
"smtprelay" was the correct command. Can anyone else confirm this?

Jeff