>Hi,
>
>Yes... if I use the SMTP the server creates a delivery loop. I think
>because the first MX is off line then it tries the second
>(itself) creating a loop. (!?!?!?!?!?!!)
>
>I think que correct is to use SMTPRELAY with primary server ip.
>
>Then, when I will need to use SMTP? :-)

If I'm not wrong you can use SMTPRELAY with the primary server domain
as well, e.g. mail.domain.com (unless you don't have DNS resolving on
your secondary MX, which would be weird and unwise).

I think SMTP is to force normal processing of a message in a chain of
various filtering actions. But I've always been mildly confused as to
when it would be used.

Maybe Davide can help us with that one.

Toby
--
Toby Reiter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Breezing Internet Communications     http://www.breezing.com