Leanardo:  Interesting find about the errors appearing not to be XMail
generated - I will have to look into that in more detail by going over
the logs when I can get the time.
Clement: I use an IP in the cmdalias.  The FQDN of the Exchange server
resolves only to one IP.  Xmail connects to the Exchange server through
a M0n0wall firewall/NAT device that is NAT'ing the Exchange server.  I
don't recall seeing multiple times the same same bounce before upgrading
to 1.22 (and now that you brought it up, M0n0wall is a recent addition
to the network there as well).  I will have to go over the logs as soon
as I can to answer your other question about whether or not the bounce
is seen on the Exchange side.

It sounds like I will need to spend some more time with the logs and
testing on this one - I will let you know what I find - thanks for all
of your input!

Jeff