On 7 Mar 2006, at 7:54, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, David Lord wrote:
>
> > Update on my problem with xmail-1.22 failing to compile on NetBSD
> > 3.0/i386.
> >
> > Still no luck with this. It would be nice to hear from someone that
> > is using xmailserver with NetBSD 3.0/i386.
>
> Sorry, I have a very short memory ;) What was the problem with this?
> Did you post build errors?

Well it was quite a while back (Jan 17).

 g++  -O2 -I. -D__UNIX__ -D__BSD__ -D__NETBSD__ -D_REENTRANT=1
     -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DHAS_SYSMACHINE -c SysDep.cpp
 In file included from SysDep.cpp:40:
 SysDepBSD.cpp: In function `int SysGetDiskSpace(const char*,
 SYS_INT64*,  SYS_INT64*)':
 SysDepBSD.cpp:2429: error: aggregate `statfs SFS' has incomplete
 type and cannot be defined
 SysDepBSD.cpp:2431: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
 statfs'
 SysDepBSD.cpp:2429: error: forward declaration of `struct
 statfs' gmake: *** [SysDep.o] Error 1

It didn't get very far. I can post full output 4.5k but that was
first error encountered.

I've not had any other unexplained problem during setting up this
server.

xmail-1.21 compiled ok on the k6-400 with NetBSD 2.0 (gcc 2.95) but
on trying again after update to NetBSD 3.0  (gcc 3.3.3) and failure
of xmail-1.22 to compile I found that wouldn't compile either and
gave same error.

That would suggest I try again with gcc 2.95 which I'll try after
working out how I can safely install it without messing up existing
setup.

David