I prefer rsync of the entire MailRoot directory to another system, but
you could as easily rsync to an alternate media source on the same
system.  By using rsync, you can run it often since rsync operates
incrementally (only the portions of files that have changed are
replicated).  I run it every 5 minutes staggered to two different
systems, so changes are up to date about every 2.5 minutes.  In order to
do a restore you can simply rsync in the reverse direction, which might
take 10 seconds or less to complete.  This method can also be used for
primitive but effective failover to alternate systems.

Jeff

--

        Buehler Technologies
19 Circle Drive - San Rafael, CA 94901