On 17 Jan 2006, at 22:26, David Lord wrote:

> One other possibility is I missed out a required postupdate step so
> I'll run postinstall against the NetBSD 3.0 distribution from cd.

Postinstall found lots of failed checks and fixed them. Rebout shows
system to be hosed.

At least restoring the backup etc has it booting again and xmail-1.22
still accepting connections and delivering to domains Maildir/new. I
have all domains and users added now but not yet touched server.tab
which still has xmailserver.test.

It does look that there might be a problem with my NetBSD 3.0 install
so I might backup all the configurations and do a clean install,
especially as I want to make some changes to partition sizes as well.

Regards

David