On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 06:40:25AM -0800, XulChris wrote:
> I see, so the policy has changed recently then.  Sorry for being out of the
> loop, but I am not aware of any place where the current MAME policy is
> outlined for developers.

It isn't.

> It would be a shame if someone spent a lot of time
> adding a new emulation to MAME only to have it rejected because the developer
> was not aware of the current MAME policy.

I've yet to see that happen.  Warez kiddies don't make good driver
programmers.  I know of only one exception, and he doesn't write mame
drivers, he has his own emu.

>  I admit I havn't perused the
> readme files recently, is there anything describing the current MAME policy
> in the distribution text files?

No.  You can thank people like lillymon and you for that.

> As I stated above, I am not in the loop.  Most people are excluded from these
> type of dicussions, I just assumed the policy was in place due to legal
> reasons.

What do you think we are, stupid?  We perfectly know how long
copyright lasts, thank you very much.

> However I guess it is really up to us to figure out on our own why
> these policies are in place since they are not documented anywhere AFAIK.

Well, actually reading smf's answers could help, too.

  OG.