Matthew wrote:
> Oh yeah, and all of you idiots yapping about whether MAME
> should/shouldn't emulate new/old games, STFU.

It could be argued that since those arguing that MAME shouldn't
include games released next Friday are also those that made emulation
of many of the games possible and the cpu cores, framework etc.
available under a liberal license, maybe it's possible to be a bit
more respectful of their wishes. Especially when they make such a sane
argument.

The issue of whether to state outright the rules for adding games to
MAME is contentious, each game is considered a special case and I do
not believe referring to a "3-year rule" is appropriate as I see no
willingness to reinstate those removed that were released in 2001.

Anyway, I had previously commented that I thought these patches were
inappropriate on a public list for the development of what is the
second most widely used port.

--
Paul