On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:32:41 +0200, Hans de Goede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, thats the clue I needed. If I start directly in fullscreen mode
> I have the bug too. Its fixed in CVS now. Please test.

Yep fixed!, kinda.  It will still flash if you run -skip_gameinfo and
I just found another flashing bug.  In gorf, when you start the game,
an LED will light up on the artwork, in DGA fullscreen mode, this LED
has the same flashing bug.

> p.s.
>
> -Is XV fixed now?

Nope, still get:

Initializing video effect black scanlines: bitmap depth = 32, color
format = RGB 888
Unexpected X Error 8: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

> -what do you think of the way scale/effect changing is handled now?

I like how the fake scanline effect no longer switches to 1x2, but
doesn't fake scanlines mean you should run in 2x2 instead of 1x1?  I
couldn't notice any difference when running pacman and switching down
to effect 9, but going from effect 9, to effect 8 which switches the
scale to 2x2, then back up to effect 9, you can see the scanline
effect.

> -any remaining bugs besides the ghost images with the black scanlines
>   effect?

The only other thing I've noticed with the effects switching is if it
cant find a suitable modeline (DGA) then it reverts back to the
previous effect mode.  Running pacman with artwork and switching to
scan3 for example causes it to not find a resolution high enough to
support this effect, and it falls back on the previous mode.  This
means you can't cycle past mode 5 unless you cycle backwards.  Would
it make sense to skip effects it can't find a modeline for and try the
next effect instead of falling back to the previous effect?

> -any remaining inconcistencies in scale/effect changing handling?

effect 9 (fake scanlines) seems to put a fake scanline at the top of
the screen, if you start with mode 9 using no artwork, the top line
shows random pixels.

I think no effect should switch back to 1x1 as I mentioned above, I'm
not sure if any of the other effects can run in 1x1 mode or not.