Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 11:39, Frank Steiner wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded from XFree 3.3.6 to 4.1 on my laptop which has a
> > Ati Rage Mobility chip. On 3.3.6, suspend and awake worked fine
> > by making the apmd switching to a text console before suspending,
> > using the chvt command in the apmd proxy. I'm working with SuSE
> > which uses a apmd_proxy script which is called from apmd and does
> > all this stuff.
> >
> > Now, with XFree 4.1, it doesn't work anymore.
>
> Have you tried 4.x without the chvt hack? X supports APM directly now.

Thanks! That's it! I just shut the apmd down and suspended, and it came
up properly. Maybe one should include this as a hint in the install
script or in some FAQ of XFree 4.x, because some upgraders from 3.3.6
may run into this...

Thank you very much! It's nice to have that working again :-))
cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lehrstuhl f. Programmiersprachen   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]