Hi there,

I have upgraded my X to 4.2 (from 4.1.99_1) using the rpms from Mike
Harris ftp@redhat along with a kernel upgrade to 2.4.17. I have built the
kernel using the RH 7.2 stock kernel config file (i686). I just selected
the /dev/agpgart support for Intel 810/.... (not the on board one). So far
so good.

I am able to get the full features of Radeon Mobility driver - 1024x768x16
@AGP 4X + DRI enabled. But with a small catch: When i directly boot the
system at init 5 (i am using RH 7.2) the screen dislay fuzzy things and
the system hangs (remote connection is the possible though). However, when
i boot at init 3 and then run startx it works fine.

Any clue/hints ?

TIA

P.S:Bye the way, i have Radeon mobility chip with only 8mb ! And for
heavens sake don't tell me it is the vram's problem. I am tired of hearing
that.

*******************************--------------**********************************
GVS Prabhakar Reddy
Research Assistant

Model Analysis Lab (GIS Lab)
Dept. of Biological Resources Engineering
University of Maryland
College Park, MD, 20742.

tel: 301-405-0109 (o)
   : 301-982-7148 (r)