etienne wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running an application whose output is going to a
> projector............. I have configured my geforce2 so that the second
> output takes the top left hand corner (640 x 480) of my screen (1400 x
> 1050).
>
> Since my window has a border created by the window manager, I want to
> position my X window at -2-10 (or something similar) so that the window
> manager's border is not visible ....... but this always defaults to the
> bottom right hand corner of the screen.
>
> how do I turn window gravity off ?
>
> this doesn't work:
>
>     hint.win_gravity = ForgetGravity;
>     hint.flags |= PWinGravity;
>
> Also, is there a way to stop the window manager form drawing a screen at
> all ?
>
> etienne

You are supposed to be able to get the window manager to use static
gravity, so that positioning to 0,0 places your window at the origin,
rather than the decorations. There is some variability among window
managers, though. Look at the source for xawtv fullscreen mode, which
places it's window at the origin as you are trying to.

Alternatively, you can create the window with override_redirect enabled
and bypass the window manager altogether.

Joe Krahn