Le lun 15/07/2002 à 01:39, Nick Name a écrit :

> > (3. It should be possible to configure XFree over a dialog that is
> > intergrated in Gnome and Kde.)
>
> Someone should write it. Indeed I think there are: I personally use
> debian, but Mandrake, Suse and RedHat users continuously say that their
> distribution can do everything graphically.

Better yet, XFree shouldn't need configuration at all with modern
hardware: config is just needed for some old un-probable chips, and some
settings such as resolution, depth, etc. (which should be settable on
the fly, BTW)

> > I personally don't see any alternative to overcome
> > the current problems of XFree.
>
> I don't see real problems in XFree, and think that one of the best
> features of X is the networking capabilities. Indeed, have a look to how
> easy is to have xinerama on two different video cards. Do this with
> windows or macos. It's hard, if not impossible at all.

Is that a joke ? Did you ever try to set up a second gfx card and
monitor under Mac OS ? It's a breeze, just point'n'click. Whereas in X,
you have to hunt for the Xinerama HOWTO and mess with the config file.