Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > 1. Cloning the display and using XVideo halts the system when moving
> > the viewport. I've traced that to the fact XVideo routines change
> > pScrn->AdjustFrame to their internal function, which isn't prepared
> > to be called for "clone display".
> > I've changed all calls of pScrn->AdjustFrame() for "clone display"
> > to just RADEONAdjustFrame() - clone display has nothing to do with
> > XVideo anyway.
>
> I don't see anything about AdjustFrame in radeon_video.c, must be a
> GATOS thing? Anyway, wouldn't it be better to fix that other AdjustFrame
> function for clone?

No, I'm using XFree86 CVS driver and not the GATOS one.

In xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86xv.c, xf86XVScreenInit()
does pScrn->AdjustFrame = xf86XVAdjustFrame.

xf86XVAdjustFrame() in turn call the original ScreenPriv->AdjustFrame()
and then does things related to Xvideo. However, it thinks it operates
on primary display, while in fact the original RADEONAdjustFrame would
be called for cloned display (not the primary nor secondary - the cloned
display has nothing to do with the rest of XFree86, except that share the
frame buffer and cursor posision).

IMHO we should just call RADEONAdjustFrame for cloned display as it
is an internal task, not related to any other XFree86 activity. The
rest of the server only knows about the primary (and secondary) screen.
So this is the correct fix and not a workaround.
--
Krzysztof Halasa
Network Administrator