Another idea: Currently, DisplayType (and CloneType) is an enum.
How about making them bitfields? Doing so would make it possible to
have more than one physical display connected to a CRT controller.
This is at least possible in combinations "something + CRT", but might
even be possible with 3 devices (if I found a clock circuits settings
for such setup).

I don't mean "cloning" here, of course.

Another thing: wouldn't it be better to drop Clone* and just use
a primary/secondary display, possibly using common frame buffer when
cloning? It would greatly simplify the code. I don't know XFree86
internals much, so I don't know if it would be easier.
--
Krzysztof Halasa
Network Administrator