> Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > So the second part of the code in xf86XVAdjustFrame() is the problem?
>
> Yes, the problem is that part is called at all.
>
> > > IMHO we should just call RADEONAdjustFrame for cloned display as it
> > > is an internal task, not related to any other XFree86 activity. The
> > > rest of the server only knows about the primary (and secondary)
screen.
> > > So this is the correct fix and not a workaround.
> >
> > But what if pScrn->AdjustFrame() is called from outside the driver?
>
> AdjustFrame for cloned screen should never be called from outside
> I think. The "outside" doesn't even know of the clone display.

Yes, this is a bug. As Michel suggested, we should use a dedicated
RADEONCloneAdjustFrame() function to separate CloneAdjustFrame from
pScrn->AdjustFrame() completely.

> For primary and secondary displays, my patch doesn't change anything.

Some parts of clone mode and secondary display code were separated
intentionally, though they are identical at present. Clone mode code can be
extended to twinview like feature if there is a need in future.